Thursday 26 July 2012

Thoughtful Thursdays

Since That Dude is away for three weeks at a camp, I am going to try my hand at doing these Thoughtful Thursdays. :) So it's time to sparkle up this blog with my enthusiastic feminine self! And perhaps provide a few words of wisdom. ;0


I'm going to talk about something that pretty much all teens seem to be doing nowadays - dating. Well, it's all very good and well to start getting ready for marriage, but there are some problems with this concept. I'm just going to go over one problem in this post - the MAJOR ONE.


There are so many girls nowadays who think they are only worth something if they are dating some guy. Preferably a "hot" guy (by the way, I absolutely HATE that word). I am acquainted with a girl who switches to a new boyfriend faster than you can say "Justin Bieber". (Okay, maybe not...but you get my meaning, no?) Almost every time I talk to her again (which is usually a week or two later), she's dating somebody new.


She'll say, "Oh I love John sooooo much!" (Name is just an example...I have honestly completely lost track of all the names she tells me.) And I'm wondering, "Really? Then how come you're gonna tell me next week that you love Keith so much?"


Guess which one of these guys she really does love? 


The simple answer is - NONE OF THEM.




The best dating advice for girls that I have EVER heard.




The only guy (or girl) you really do love is going to be the one that you'll be married to for the rest of your life. Especially if you're staying with your newest boyfriend/girlfriend for that long, like above (or should I say short?).


Love is not just a feeling.


Love is an action - a sacrifice.


Ask yourself this - am I willing to say with _____ for the rest of my life?


Ummm...well, yeah! That is, if a new hot boy doesn't move in next door...


NO.


Ask yourself this - am I willing to sacrifice my own time and money for _______?


Yeah, of course. We like to sit together watching TV and...


Yeah, but are you willing to stay up all night with ______ when _______ is sick? 




Please...please....PLEASE! Wait to date! Sixteen...or, Heaven forbid, thirteen...is not that old!




And some dating advice for guys. I TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY approve of this advice.

PLEASE COME AND SPEAK AT MY WEDDING, JORDAN!!!!




All of that was just really rambling on about trifles...but I guess I can try again next week. :-/

Tell me if you like? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment