Wednesday 10 August 2011

All You Need Is Love?



I'm sure most of you have either heard this song or seen this phrase on a T-Shirt. Our society seems to be obsessed with love - except, it's not really love. It's lust.

Some people say that the Catholic Church is obsessed with how She says sex before marriage is a bad thing. In fact, it's the other way around. Our society is obsessed with sex.

Just look around - it's everywhere. I can't go to Walmart without seeing magazines like "____ got dumped by ____", "_____ cheated on ______", and "______ had sex with _____." I can't watch a video on YouTube without seeing someone brag in the comments: "I lost my virginity to this song!"

Everyone loves each other - then why are so many girls heart broken? Why didn't their "loving" parents tell them that sex before marriage is wrong? Why did their boyfriends tell them that they loved them, used them for sex, and then dumped them? Why did all their friends say they were trying to help them by convincing them that they should have an abortion, which broken their hearts even more?

Love? I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment